This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

You only need a doctor’s note if you are unable to work and are ill for longer than seven calendar days. Your employer will provide you with an SC2 self-certificate form for shorter periods of illness.

If you require an initial sick note you will need to make an appointment with a GP but subsequent notes can be arranged over the telephone – please leave a message for the GP giving the dates which need to be covered and ensure that you allow ample time for him/her to call you to discuss your condition.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website